Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cheers, London (be back soon!) Bonjour, Paris.

Here ya go, Torie... This one's for you.

These past couple days haven't really been too overly eventful.

Monday: A lot of my friends worked, so I went to the Tate Modern solo. It was a lot cooler than I thought it would be actually. I really enjoyed the Andy Warhol room and there was even one room over Robert Frank! A photographer I've learned a lot about and really enjoy his work. They even had some of the contact sheets from one of his most famous collections, The Americans. I spent a solid 20 minutes just staring at those. After Tate, my friend Alex recommended that I walk down the Thames to the London Eye because it's a really pretty walk. I loved the area, so I thought I'd give it a try... Somehow, I managed to get lost... So I just jumped on the nearest tube and made my way back.

Tuesday: Went to work. It was a good day. Went back to the Morlborough Gallery to help photograph a painting. Then in the afternoon I actually got to take some pictures myself! It was pretty exciting. I've been watching everyone else take pictures for a week and Tuesday they actually let me do some for myself... and they turned out good! So hopefully I'll get to do some more later.

Wednesday: Basically the best day ever. Literally spent the whole time at work 'working' on Photoshop... Yeah, I could make that be my everyday job. :) The evening... was not so grand. London decided to have a 48 hour long tube strike... Real cool. What is usually a 30 minute tube ride to class took an hour and 45 minutes on bus and a 40 minute walk... Looooooong day.

Today: Tube is still on strike... Walked to work (which isn't too bad. It's about an hour walk 90% through Hyde Park) I went on location with a couple guys to photograph a Damien Hurst 'Pill Cabinet' for a gallery. It was a really long day... followed by a really long walk, but overall very good.

As for tonight: Not too much on the agenda... just PACKING... for PARIS. Probably won't be able to update while I'm in Paris... So next time you'll hear from me will probably be Monday night or Tuesday.

No comments: